Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts
The Sharon Lynne Wilson Center for the Arts is one of the finest multi-disciplinary cultural arts centers in the United States. Its mission is to be the catalyst for lifelong discovery and exploration of the arts. As a year-round hub of activity, the Wilson Center presents performances by world-renowned artists and ensembles, offers arts education opportunities, curates the Ploch Art Gallery which features both national and Wisconsin-based fine artists, and is committed to extending the arts beyond the walls of the Center through Lynn Chappy Arts Park- a vibrant, outdoor sculpture landscape. For event dates, ticket information and more, please visit the website.
Sharon Lynne Wilson Highlights:
- Starry Nights Concert Series– A free outdoor concert series held on Friday evenings during the summer. Gather your family and friends, pack your lawn chairs and picnic basket, and find your perfect spot in the Wilson Center’s beautiful backyard.
- Performing Arts Series– Featuring world-renowned artists across a range of genres.
- Club Series– From local bands to regional and national touring musicians, the Club Series is the perfect way to discover new music.
- Sounds on Stage Series– A new series! Audiences will sit with musicians for an intimate and eclectic experience. With space for dancing, this series is designed to create a fun experience.
- Matinee Series– Afternoon audiences will enjoy performances featuring Broadway stars, Grammy winners and more.
- Classical Progressions– A delight to the classically inclined music lover!
- Jazz Progressions– The Wilson Center is well-known for presenting world-renowned jazz artists and ensembles.
- The Wilson Center Guitar Competition & Festival– Held annually in August, this unique event celebrates the world’s leading classical, rock/blues, Jazz and fingerstyle guitarists.
For a current list of performances, please visit the website.